Re:initial structure ideas

> > 	* Also, a decision has to be reached about the "depth" of the
> > web-site. What is the maximum number of links a visitor would have to
> > follow to reach the information he desires. This would have a direct
> > impact on our web-site structure, links etc. Pages at lower levels (if
> > the home page is assumed to be at the highest level of the tree), contain
> > specific information and can be a lot bigger.
>
> 	The answer is: as many as are necessary. You can't limit the depth
> of an information architecture and have it remain scaleable.

	I'm assuming that our target audience consists of people who are
using dial-up accounts to their ISPs which are mostly very slow. So, what
I meant was that, the design should try to optimise on the no. of links to
reach a particular location. I think we should design in such a way that
in a maximum of, say 5 clicks, the visitor can get to the required
information. Waiting for pages to load on a slow connection can be very
painful.

Have Fun

Sai