Re: Statistics and machines

Hello Owen Taylor,

Once you wrote about "Statistics and machines":
OT>  * I'm somewhat suspicious of how Analog is determining 'pages'
OT>    here - the page/request ratio it reports is about 1:40, but
OT>    grepping for non-image requests in the logs seems to
OT>    make it more like 1:20. I think it might be not counting
OT>    PHP pages as pages. I think a more accurate figure is ~70-80,000
OT>    page views a day.

You might want to try Webalizer... the good thing is that it works pretty
much out of the box.  Download/check out here -
http://freshmeat.net/projects/webalizer/?highlight=webalizer

You can see the sample output from one of the old versions here:
http://stats.jfs-cy.com ... I have heard that now it can do some more nice
things...

--
 Best regards,