Re: Localization Structure Model

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 05:46:32PM +0000, Paul Cooper wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 05:33:38PM +0000, Roel wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to throw in my 2 cents for internationalization of a web site. My
>
> OK - I like all your ideas upto here. Please to make this easy for a
> spectrum of people from hardcoders to hardcore designers we need to use
> some kind of template system - anything but echo statements! My personal
> preference is PHPLIB template system. Let's hear other suggestions (like
> I need to ask ;-)

PHPLib templates isn't although it can be a pain in the bum sometimes.
Ulf Wendel (apologies if I got the name wrong) has committe a new template
extension to the PHPLib CVS which might be a lot more practial.
There's a description of it here.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=phplib&m=96962729107864&w=2

As well as a discussion/implementation of PHPLib templates to make use of a
multilingual system using the Accept-Language header which can be found here
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=phplib-dev&m=97110095111634&w=2

Just my AU$0.02 anyway :)

Cheers,
 Graeme