Re: WebDAV browser integration

On Tue, 2007-05-08 at 16:08 -0500, Jerome Haltom wrote:
> Most authentication is not handled using Basic auth. Sorry. It's form
> based in most applications I work with. Each user gets a session cookie.
Yeah, they are totally not in the spirit of WebDAV then; to quote RFC 2518:

"17.1 Authentication of Clients
[...]
WebDAV applications MUST support the Digest authentication scheme
[RFC2069]. [...]"

So much for the theory. And in my eyes form based auth only + cookies is
lame BUT ...

> Now, obviously, basic auth does exist in some apps. Just, it totally
> leaves out an entire class of applications.

.. I totally agree with you here and yes current behavior is not
optimal. So forget about the theory and therefore I am planing to have
cookie support in the http method for gvfs but of course that brings up
the problem that some users may not want to sent them. Maybe a config
option hidden in gconf can help? ;-)

Cheers,
Christian