WebDAV browser integration

So, another long time complaint has come to my mind, which I wanted to
let you all know about. Just in case you find yourself in teh position
to design a system to handle it.

While browsing from a web browser, many times, I want to click on a link
and have that link open in an external application. I don't usually want
to know that this is happening, I want it to happen automatically.
WebDAV is the perfect example. When opening a link from a browser, I'd
like the browser to open the link in the associated application, like,
oh, Abiword. Abiword would be passed a url, open the file using web dav,
and then when I save, attempt to save to the same url using web dav.

Right now this doesn't work right on our platform in most circumstances,
but does work right in some cases on Windows. First off, the browser
needs to have the ability to open the application with a Url. We can do
that now. Second, the application needs to be able to download the file
using the same set of cookies the browser was using. We can't do that
now.

So, as you design a new VFS, please keep this in mind. It would be nice
to have a way to solve the technical problem of the browser passing the
cookies to the application. Or as another possibility, having the
browser and the application share the same connection using GVFS, and
thereby, the same cookies.