Re: SMB module and do_get_file_info

Nate Nielsen said:
> Philippe Normand wrote:
>> on my test code i rely on SMB gnomevfs module only once, for that
>> problematic call to gnomevfs.exists()
>
> See below...
>
>>>That said, it may also be a bug. I'd suggest editing
>>>modules/smb-method.c and remove the '#if 0' around the
>>> DEBUG_SMB_ENABLE and DEBUG_SMB_LOCKS defines, and recompile. You
>>> should then get copious output that'll help one trace the various
>>> requests through the module.
>>>
>> I enabled debug output, recompiled and re-installed, re-launched GNOME
>> desktop, checked that my libsmb.so was used by gnome-vfs (using lsof),
>> but i can't see any debug infos printed out either on my terminal or
>> on the tty console from which i started X.
>>
>> This is very weird :'-(
>
> By default all SMB requests are proxied over to gnome-vfs-daemon and
> done in the same process. So you need to either:
>
>  * Watch the 'gnome-vfs-daemon' in the terminal.
>  * Remove '[daemon]' from /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/smb-module.conf
>    to get the behavior you're expecting.

Ok, thanks for the infos. I couldn't kill gnome-vfs-daemon under Gnome, it
was respawning it self, i had to start wmaker ... ;) Anyway i managed to
see debug informations.

There's nothing shocking in there, the SMB module tries to perform
authentication on a dead machine. As you stated before, the SMB mutex is
locked during this step, but i still don't understand why this locks all
my
python context ;-(

Under nautilus, when i try to load the same dead uri, the whole gui is not
freezed, i'll investigate more on the gnomevfs python binding then.

Philippe