Re: use xml for modules.conf ?

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 03:38, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> > This is an interesting point, as missed sftp: support in nautilus a few
> > weeks ago and started looking into how to do it. Now I wondered about that
> > it seems that smb: is simply working by installing the libsmb module in
> > gnome-vfs-extras while sftp: seems to be supported in gnome-vfs but does
> > not work out-of-the-box in nautilus. Where am I wrong? Would I need to
> > hack on nautilus to get foo: support, or is it enough to create an
> > gnome-vfs-module foo?
>
> Bradford started a sftp module a while ago:
> http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bghovinen/gnome-vfs-sftp-0.1.0.tar.gz
>
> We should probably look at it for possible inclusion now.
>
> gnome-vfs already supports "ssh:", but its unstable and has problems
> uploading.

On that note, I put up an updated version that fixes several bugs a
couple of weeks back:
http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bghovinen/gnome-vfs-sftp-0.1.1.tar.gz

There are one or two pending issues that I know of; when I fix them I'll
put out 0.1.2.

--
Bradford Hovinen              http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bghovinen/
School of Computer Science    Email:  bghovinen math uwaterloo ca