Re: use xml for modules.conf ?

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 kneumann uni-duesseldorf de wrote:

> > Le lun 03/02/2003 à 16:14, Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> > > new vfs methods). Its probably better to just hack good support for e.g.
> > > ssh: into the gnome environment, so its not as hidden.
>
> This is an interesting point, as missed sftp: support in nautilus a few
> weeks ago and started looking into how to do it. Now I wondered about that
> it seems that smb: is simply working by installing the libsmb module in
> gnome-vfs-extras while sftp: seems to be supported in gnome-vfs but does
> not work out-of-the-box in nautilus. Where am I wrong? Would I need to
> hack on nautilus to get foo: support, or is it enough to create an
> gnome-vfs-module foo?

Bradford started a sftp module a while ago:
http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bghovinen/gnome-vfs-sftp-0.1.0.tar.gz

We should probably look at it for possible inclusion now.

gnome-vfs already supports "ssh:", but its unstable and has problems
uploading.

He's a lonely gay matador with a passion for fast cars. She's an enchanted
red-headed femme fatale prone to fits of savage, blood-crazed rage. They fight
crime!