Re: use xml for modules.conf ?

> This is an interesting point, as missed sftp: support in nautilus a few
> weeks ago and started looking into how to do it. Now I wondered about that
> it seems that smb: is simply working by installing the libsmb module in
> gnome-vfs-extras while sftp: seems to be supported in gnome-vfs but does
> not work out-of-the-box in nautilus. Where am I wrong? Would I need to
> hack on nautilus to get foo: support, or is it enough to create an
> gnome-vfs-module foo?

Writing a gnome-vfs module foo is enough to get support for foo in
Nautilus. The only subtlety is that if some functions aren't available,
Nautilus won't be able to use the module (I think it needs open_dir,
read_dir, close_dir, probably get_info, and I'd say it also needs
is_local and/or check_same_fs)

Christophe