Re: adding new info to GnomeVFSFileInfo

> The compiler is required to make the enum storage large enough to
> hold the largest enum value or provide a warning that it can not.

Yeah, that is the problem.
Before my patch, the largest enum value was strictly inferior to 2^16 so
it could fit in a word. Now the largest enum value is > 2^16, so the
compiler will probably use a 32bit int to store it.
So I was wondering if there were compilers which would use 16 bits for
the enum before my patch, and 32 bits for it after, which would break
gnome-vfs abi.

Christophe