Help needed, tough problem

Hi,
I am currently writing an application that downloads a images given by a list
of URLs using gnome-vfs. Trouble is, although I have verified strictly that I
do open things as often as I close, I can download a max of 1000 images and
gnome-vfs tells me that the number of files open is too big.

I have now verified by adding debug code into

garnome-0.17.1/gnome/gnome-vfs/work/gnome-vfs-2.0.4/modules/http-method.c

that

create_handle

and

http_file_handle_destroy

are called equally often, which somehow riddles me a bit.

Do you have any ideas?

My code does the following:

get image url
get_file_info for the url
open,load,close contents of the url.
unref file_info for the url

It does use normal unix sockets at other places, however I have verified that
I can do >10000 loops without any problems.

I would appreciate a lot if someone could tell me what I missed in the docs.
If you don't see my bug from the description I would be glad to supply a code
snippet.

Cheers,
Wolfgang