Re: ioctls for gnome-vfs

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 15:20, Alex Graveley wrote:
> Okay, on second thought, I want to drop the file control API
> altogether.  We should be using the file metadata API for this.

I'm not so sure.  Maybe it's just the terminology, but "metadata" to me
means any arbitrary information layered on top of files, probably
persistent.  Image thumbnailing seems like a good use of metadata to
me.

This seems more like additional parameters on the method itself...
things like setting HTTP headers for a specific request or passive mode
on FTP.

Joe