Re: ioctls for gnome-vfs

Hi,

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 11:35, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Whenever I want to use gnome-vfs for something just a little bit unusual,
> something that maps well to file handling, but then requires some extra
> function to work I'm hindered by the lack of an ioctl() style call in
> gnome-vfs. I really want to get this in gnome 2.2 so that I can do some
> cool stuff I've been planning[1].

I'd really like to convert this to something less obtuse than ioctl().

I want have gnome_vfs_file_control() take a GValue* instead of a
gpointer, and add a gnome_vfs_file_control_query() which returns a
GParamSpec* for the named control.  This will add a
GnomeVFSMethodFileControlQueryFunc to GnomeVFSMethod.

I'll whip this up if nobody starts yelling.

-Alex

--
 on the canvass of life, incompetence is my paintbrush.