Re: gnome-vfs-metadata.(gob,h)

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 09:10:02AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	It appears to be unfinished; inasmuch that it exposes no 'boolean'
> accessor, and I've no idea how it ties in with notification - I remember
> there was a thread on this a while back, but not the conclusion.
>
> 	In short - do we in fact need this code ? or can I just disable the
> build / linkage of the gob stuff, leaving the file for the next
> iteration of development ?

I would add that the api is completely insufficent for the style of
meta data in Office apps (MS or Open).  So the question really
becomes 'what do we want this meta data to do ?'  I've got several
ideas of what I'd like but my perspective is skewed.  Seth can you
give us some examples of use cases ?