Re: getting the list of all gnome-vfs modules

Hi Jeff,

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 12:04, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Great; thanks for the fixes. Firstly - it is increasingly unclear to me
> > where this work should go; the release team have just analy frozen the
> > 2.0.X branches permanantly.
>
> Is there any release team relevant content in this email apart from this
> random inaccuracy

	Firstly yes; secondly the random inaccuracy flowed from your mail:

[snip]
Today we have a code freeze for the 2.0.x branch, any further changes
require release team confirmation. String changes also require i18n team
confirmation.
[snip]

	The string freeze AFAIK has been ongoing through the 2.0.X lifecycle
and is becoming progressively deeper frozen; it sounds like you're
saying that any further 2.0.x changes [ where x=2,3,4... ] will require
release team confirmation in a similar fashion.

	If that's not the case - great; really good, I'm most glad to hear it -
very sensible.

>  (and API/ABI issues with gnome-vfs)?

	The ABI / API / continual releasability issues with gnome-vfs are far
more interesting, and the main substance of the mail. Clearly if we can
still fix such [ non critical ] bugs in the 2.0.X lifetime there is far
less of a problem.

>  We have not frozen 2.0.x permanently, merely for the 2.0.2 release.

	Great; a micro-branch, or just a dose of patience will suffice then.

> If you have a question about the release process, please phrase it as
>  such!

	As per my mail in reply to that containing the above snippet; hopefully
it's clear you're talking to an anal audience in me at least who need a
high degree of precision and disambiguity in incoming mail ;-)

>            What do you get when you cross a web server and a hen?
>                                   Apoache.

	:-)

	Regards,

		Michael.