Re: gnome-utils 2.9.1 -- grand plans for gfloppy / fighting the

> I only worry about giving the media type because it might be possible
> that we still want users to get at gfloppy from the menu. If that's not
> the case, then we could simply either get rid of the media type
> specification.

Actually I was only mildly aware of the existence of gfloppy before we
took over gnome-utils. So to me it seems that you can keep the access
from the main menu, but few people will use it. So you should not
worry too much about this case - go with you weird UI combobox kind of
thing, and once it's out we'll see if people complain about it. If
nobody complains, then nobody uses it from the menu ;-)

> > > - Right now the icon for the format button changes based on the media
> > > type selected, should the window icon do the same? and, is this ok to
> > > begin with?
I'd rather see a generic icon that would represent formatting (an
eraser or something, you get the idea) without being tied to a
specific drive type.

> > > - The 'Format' button label does not change, since that would probably
> > > be bad from a usability standpoint (what with accelerators and all,
> > > too). Should it be labelled something else instead?
What about "blank media" or something like that ?

Otherwise I'd also like to see the strings simplified : the choice
between Quick/Standard/Thorough formatting should not expose details
such as "adds a low-level format to the quick mode" or "add a bad
block check"... Maybe just propose Quick/Standard/Thorough and that's
it. Maybe just add "check for bad blocks". There definitely should not
be any explanation for the "standard" mode.

Cheers
Vincent