GUADEC Planning Meeting - 20th January

Slightly short notice, but there is a GUADEC planning meeting scheduled for the 20th January (this Saturday) at OpenAdvatage's offices in Birmingham. If anyone would like to join in the discussions, please let us know and we can plan where and when to meet up. Bastien Nocera, Paul Cooper and myself are all planning to be there. If you can't make it, but have some suggestions of anything we ought to discuss, please feel free to e-mail either the lists, or us individually.

We have various things on the agenda to discuss, including:

Budget
 - How are we going to calculate this
 - What will the catering and accommodation costs be
- What give-away items do we need to buy (perhaps another item - finding suppliers?)
 - Promotional materials (flyers, banners, etc.)

Website
 - Needs a plan of action and organisation.
 - What is the essential content it needs

Call for papers
 - Setting up a committee
 - Choosing dates
 - Deciding on processes

Sponsorship
 - Obviously quite a few important points here

Key notes
 - Progress update
 - Final list of who has been invited and who has responded

Visas
 - Who can deal with requests
 - What are the rules
 - How much time is required

Advertising
- We need to get in touch with magazines etc the moment we know more about sponsors and key note speakers (I have some contacts).

AOB
 - If there's time

Regards,

Thomas