Helping prepare a user group budget for 2007

Hi all,

You are all listed either as a contact person or mailing list for a
GNOME user group on http://live.gnome.org/UserGroups - and so I'm
contacting you directly with two requests.

The first is to make sure that at least one person representing your
user group is subscribed to the gugmasters-list gnome org mailing list -
which is the place where collaboration between several user groups, and
interaction from the foundation to the user groups will happen. You can
do that at http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gugmasters-list

The second request is that you write to the list with your plans for
theh year, and your likely requirements of help from the foundation (be
it material help like shipping t-shirts, or financial help to pay for
travel expenses for a speaker, or your need to embezzle funds to buy
that new car). Also, if you have ideas of things that we should be
spending money on for user groups in general, I would love to have your
input.

The mail I wrote to gugmasters abouut this request is:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gugmasters-list/2007-January/msg00000.html
- please accompany requests with some general idea of how much they will
cost, and thus what we should budget for them. For example: "Draw a big
GNOME foot on the bright side of the moon, visible from earth" might be
a great idea, but it's probably outside our means.

Thanks for your help! And looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Dave.

PS. Since I've CCed lots of mailing lists, please consider tidying up
the list of recipients if you reply (or better, subscribe to gugmasters,
and reply there).

--
Dave Neary
dneary free fr