Re: Ideas Linux World Expo 2007

Alex Hudson wrote:
On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 19:16 +0100, Michael Wood wrote:
KDE: Qt� is written in non-standard C++ and licensed under the GNU GPL,
         ^               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Proprietary licence and Trolltech plc's QPL licence
  ^^^^^^^^^^^

To be honest, the highlighted points look like mud-stirring to me, and I
think it would upset people.
I admit I was doing that partially to see what people thought, it would
be important to present it factually in a wikipedia style and I was
planning on passing on to Jonathan riddell of KDE to make sure it was
OK. (probably should have said that)

We shouldn't be afraid to say "We do this differently and think it's
better because..."
In general, I would stick to the areas which make GNOME work using:
accenting the positives is a much better idea IMHO, and there is plenty
of material to work with.

Cheers,

Alex.