Re: Gnome-uk-list Digest, Vol 13, Issue 11

> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 17:16:59 +0100
> From: Thomas Wood <thos gnome org>
> Subject: Re: The header on www.uk.gnome.org
> To: Thomas Thurman <thomas thurman org uk>
> Cc: gnome-uk-list gnome org
>
> Thomas Thurman wrote:
> > Most of the other GNOME sites have some kind of landscape along the top
> > header. www.uk.gnome.org uses the same style but has a Union Jack. I think
> > it might be better to use a landscape, both for uniformity with the rest of
> > the site and because the Union Jack has rather jingoistic overtones these
> > days.
> >
> > Something like this, maybe:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:White_cliffs_of_dover_09_2004.jpg
>
> Maybe an interesting thing to note is that the header was actually made
> by an Italian, who doesn't even live in the UK...
>
> -Thomas

Hello,

I am involved with the web pages at gnome.org, are you aware we are going through a major revamp at current. It might be worth you considering this as the whole look is due to change at some point next year. You can see some of our suggestions so far @

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/LooknFeel

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/LayoutPlanning

Regards