Re: Hyphen, space or neither?

On 3 Oct 2006, at 16:31, David Lodge wrote:

I'm not 100% convinced on some of the entries - the style guide is mainly for the default Gnome language (en-US), so in areas where en- US and en-GB differ we should err on the side of en-GB.

All the more perverse as the style guide was written here in Ireland, but such is life on large documentation projects.

So... A good guide, but I wouldn't take it as gospel.

I wouldn't either, but where we believe it's wrong (or could be be clarified for en_non-US locales), we would do well to work with Shaun and Co. to update it.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team