Re: Hyphen, space or neither?

Quoting Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM>:
My guess is that you should use your best judgement
Or better yet, the GNOME Documentation Styleguide, which has helpfully
made many of these decisions for us already:

Obviously the KDE people may disagree with it, but the point is made.

I'm not 100% convinced on some of the entries - the style guide is mainly for the default Gnome language (en-US), so in areas where en-US and en-GB differ we should err on the side of en-GB. As an example, the style guide refers to the morning abbreviation as "a.m.", which is "am" in en-GB; then we have "customize", which should be "customise".

I'll agree that the guide of when a term is hyphenated is good and concurs with a lot of this discussion, i.e. login as a noun, log in as a verb.

So... A good guide, but I wouldn't take it as gospel.

dave

PS on the hyphenation of co-operate et al, I noticed today that BBC news use the hyphen :-)