Re: More americanisms?
- From: "David Lodge" <dave cirt net>
- To: "Alex Hudson" <home alexhudson com>, gnome-uk-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: More americanisms?
- Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 21:29:05 +0200
On Mon, 08 May 2006 16:38:47 +0200, Alex Hudson <home alexhudson com>
On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 14:55 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
I just noticed this in the release notes of gdm 2.15:
- GDM now uses the string "Start Over" instead of "Cancel" in the GUI.
No; it's awful.
I'm in complete and utter approval, not only is it a nasty Americanism, it
doesn't even represent what "Cancel" does.
How about "Redo from Start" :-)
In terms of alternative Gnome translations, I have contributed some files
to the Olde Englisc translation of Gnome (ang locale). I've often been
tempted to do a full Yorkshire variant:
"'appen tha's filled up tha's disc, lad."
"Tha's not entered nowt int' boxes"
"Stop laiking 'round and just enter t'stuff"
Who could complain about that?
] [Thread Prev