Re: en_GB, gimp, and erasers

Well.. I've always called it my mobile elastic hydrocarbon polymer eradicating utility.

and besides, it's much more catchy than "eraser"

- Michael
----
(#ctrlaltdel irc.outerweb.org).

Alex Hudson wrote:

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 15:28 +0000, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
So it's just me who still calls them rubbers then, and uses them
to rub things out?

I don't think so - I think most people call them rubbers. I think it's a
informal colloquialism, though, and wouldn't expect to see that written
down (as someone said, Smith's don't sell them - I have a Smith's
"Tablet Eraser" in front of me).

Cheers,

Alex.