Re: en_GB, gimp, and erasers

On 16 Mar 2006, at 18:35, Bastien Nocera wrote:

Given the possible derogatory nature of the word rubber, and the fact that eraser is actually a better targetted word for this, I'd say to leave it as
"Eraser".

Frankly, it's hard to imagine how anything could have more any more derogatory overtones than the name of the application in question itself!

That apart, I'd be inclined to agree that "rubber" just has too much of a snigger-inducing connotation these days, in much the same way that the 'Happy GNOME' gdm theme could probably have been called the 'Gay GNOME' theme 20 years ago without anyone batting an eyelid...

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team