Re: GUADEC 2007 in the UK?

It'd be great be able to attend an event here in the UK.

It is of course inevitable that if it is done in the UK, lots of people
will immediately complain about the cost.

But when it's been in Spain, Germany, Norway etc. it would still cost a lot for UK delegates to attend. It's been hosted in Dublin (2003) which is even further away from mainland Europe. That can't have been cheap, travel-wise, because you
can't get there in a car easily..

It's definately a good idea to keep it out of the South East because of prices
of hotels, Birmingham or similar sounds like a plan.

-Simon Elliott

Quoting Matthew Walton <matthew alledora co uk>:

Absolutely. I'd love to have GUADEC in the UK, and might even be able to
do some helping out (but can't promise that at this point, obviously).

Somewhere midlands/northern would be good, I think - plenty of
international airports around, still possible to get there from London
if people have to fly to there, and saner pricing.