Re: Default background

Il giorno sab, 25/08/2007 alle 14.01 +0200, Andreas Nilsson ha scritto:
> Andrea Cimitan wrote:

> >> Got some more teamwork over here! :)
> >> Lapo did some further touchups and color corrections:
> >> http://xoomer.alice.it/bat/tmp/wall-cleanedup-soft.jpg
> >> This makes it a bit more neutral and suitable for a background, works a
> >> bit better with the new clearlooks as well.
> >> This is pretty much final then I guess. Where do we put this in svn exactly?
> >> - Andreas
> >>
> > As me and other guys on gnome-art don't like that wallpaper at all, here
> > is a work-in-progress background that looks much better in the top-left,
> > and also it is more abstract being less distractive.
> >
> > 1600x1050 Unmodified: http://cimi.netsons.org/gnome/proposal2.jpg
> > --> RETOUCHED (but too saturated :) ) <-- 3000X2000
> > http://www.ingral.com.br/~vdepizzol/temp/CRW_9008-2.jpg
> >
> Hi Andrea!
> Now we're back at square one again. Great! :(
>
> Heh, well, not quite. Seriously, we can go for this as it's not that
> different from the other one and might have some usability advantages
> (feed me with arguments please, "I don't like it" don't count unless you
> happen to be Paul Rand) + the colors seems to go a bit better with
> Clearlooks and gnome-icon-theme.
> The Big Question Now is how we technically get anything at all to be the
> default in svn. Help fix this, anyone!
> - Andreas
I think we should start from the beginning, too confusion and a lot of
people not convinced about those nature wallpapers.
For me they are bad @ default. I don't like a green background on my
blue theme. And also I don't like vista-like nature wallpapers.
I prefer an abstract one.
But I'm not alone, ask #gnome-art and see how many guys dislike a leaf
as their wallpaper :)

I'd prefer to use abstract GPL wallpapers. Less distractive than a leaf.

These are GPL/CC so ready-to-use (some of them can be easily modified):
http://gnomelook.org/CONTENT/content-files/53268-simple_gnome_muted_fiber.jpg
http://gnomelook.org/content/show.php/Babaorum?content=48742
http://gnomelook.org/content/show.php/Ubuntu+Blue?content=30812
http://gnomelook.org/content/show.php/Universal+-+Wallpaper
+1280x1024?content=13818
http://gnomelook.org/content/show.php/Simple+Gnome
+Wallpaper?content=21611
http://gnomelook.org/content/show.php/Simple+Human?content=29740
Alpha:
http://picasaweb.google.com/andrea.cimitan/GnomeWallpapers/photo#5102654677072580354

Nature:
http://picasaweb.google.com/andrea.cimitan/GnomeWallpapers
--
Andrea Cimitan <andrea cimitan gmail com>