Re: Application specific HC icons how?

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 13:30 +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> There's also the question of what happens if two applications want to
> install HC icons with the same name (which may or may not look the
> same).  I guess we already have that problem with the hicolor theme,
> though, and it probably just needs a 'best practice' guideline, if there
> isn't one already.

There can not be two executables in the same $bindir with the same
name. Applications should not install icons to the system theme, that
are not the application icon. Anything else is either app-specific, or
should be provided by the theme. App-specific icons should be installed
in an app-specific directory. See my blog entry on the matter from a few
weeks ago, on how best to do this for GNOME.

-- dobey