Re: SVG icons for HighContrast theme

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 17:03 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:

> I've also (finally) located the vector versions of the HC icons that Sun
> added to Jakub's originals.  Unfortunately they're in Adobe Illustrator
> format at the moment (which I believe can export as SVG, but I don't
> have a copy to check or do the conversion)-- if Jakub or anyone else
> with access to AI wants them, let me know.

I have Illustrator - but you might just try opening them in Inkscape,
chances are they are simple objects and Inkscape can import some
illustrator files (those are more or less PDF anyway since PDF is
illustrator's native format, with apparently some extra data for the
file editing stuff)

Let me know if it does not work out?

> Vaguely related, I'd personally like the onus of providing high contrast
> icons to move to the applications.  They're probably the only themes
> where every possible icon on the desktop really needs to be catered for,
> and it's ridiculous to try and do that centrally.  Applications are
> allowed to install icons into the hicolor theme; if we're really taking
> accessibility seriously, I believe the high contrast themes should have
> a similar status to hicolor.

Yeah. If an application calls itself "accessible", having high contrast
icons could be one of the requirements. Distributing the icons in the
apps themselves sounds like a way to avoid lagging the high contrast
theme behind the desktop.

//Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: tigert novell com