Re: Dev-cdrom-* icons

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 21:53, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 12:13, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 11:01, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > > What about shadow?
> >
> > Similar to my comments to the paper sheet, the shadow looks quite odd.
>
> Yes, you can't vertically place a CD in the real world, but:
>       * a Desktop environment is not the real world: just mimes it, but
>         it's not forced to follow all rules.
>       * hey, it's GNOME: it must have a little kind of magic :-)
>       * imagine the cd icon nead the... mmhh.. boxed hard disk on your
>         website (see attach) or current default trash: both are objects
>         placed on desktop, but shadows suggest a 'space's deformation',
>         as well as you are near a black hole... this is odd to IMHO

That's all nice and dandy, but the shadow looks weird in the first
place. I've been having the CD next to the other icons and it's just
fine. Mixing perspectives in icons is not the biggest evil I see. I see
your changes as a regression.

> Personally I like it: it's witty, it's fresh, it suggests you are
> clicking on an object.

We have a disagreement here.

> hemmm... 2px in diameter, or 1px in ray, I hope...

My bad.

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac ximian com>