Re: New AsAppState / adding "copy to USB" to g-s

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 at 18:47, treitter--- via gnome-software-list
<gnome-software-list gnome org> wrote:
The current design is to add a "Copy to USB" button to each app page

Is Allan on-board with this? Is this the kind of thing we can put in
the newly re-homed app-menu hamburger thing? It doesn't seem the kind
of thing that's hugely important (sorry! :) enough to clutter up the
app details header with.

I'm also planning to do an implementation of this for the Flatpak plugin.

If you do; use the wip/hughsie/FlatpakTransaction branch -- I'm just
polishing that up and then will merge next week. It's hugely simpler
to what's in master.

This would be similar to the way the AS_APP_STATE_INSTALLING value is used in g-s but it's obviously a
different state.

I've also not added adding DOWNLOADING as it's just the "process" of
going from AVAILABLE -> INSTALLED -- really the app isn't changing
state, it's just being copied somewhere else -- it's not like the app
is being /moved/, right?

In GS, for this kind of transient behavior we use a different set of
enums called GsPluginStatus, e.g. DOWNLOADING, QUERYING, WAITING from
memory. I think COPYING would fit in there and with appropriate
translations added it should just DTRT in the UI.

Richard