New AsAppState / adding "copy to USB" to g-s

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a patch for Gnome Software to support copying apps (and their dependencies) to a USB disk. Combined with work from my colleague, Matthew Leeds, to support installing apps from USB (and a Flatpak implementation), this will allow one method of offline installation and updating apps.

The current design is to add a "Copy to USB" button to each app page (when appropriate; eg, when the app is installed and a usable USB disk is mounted). The Gnome Software UI will determine which (if multiple) disk to copy to (so it can let the user choose) then the path will be provided to the appropriate plugin to do the actual copy.

I'm also planning to do an implementation of this for the Flatpak plugin.

My current plan is to add another value to AsAppState: AS_APP_STATE_COPYING so g-s can update its UI appropriately (eg, setting and updating a progress bar based on input from the plugin). This would be similar to the way the AS_APP_STATE_INSTALLING value is used in g-s but it's obviously a different state.

Richard, would you agree to adding this value to AsAppState?

Thanks,
-Travis