Introduction mail: Ivan Molodetskikh

Hello!

I am Ivan Molodetskikh, a student on the fourth year of the Computational Mathematics & Cybernetics department of the Moscow State University. It is the final year of the baccalureate, so I'm graduating very soon (and going to apply for masters afterwards). I started learning Rust about 2 years ago and I really like the language and the community.

My GSoC project is to help with porting the librsvg library to Rust, particularly the SVG filter effects. The library is used throughout GNOME to render things like icons and other vector images appearing on the desktop, as well as in other projects like Wikipedia. I'll be moving the filter infrastructure to Rust and adding the missing SVG filter tests to ensure SVGs with filter effects are rendered correctly.

I'll be posting the project updates on my blog [1], which you might have already seen on Planet GNOME with the project introduction post. My wiki name is IvanMolodetskikh. Feel free to ping me (YaLTeR) on the IRC, where you can find me in the #rust channel.

Best regards,
Ivan

[1] https://imolodetskikh.wordpress.com/