Re: <DKIM> Best GUADEC dates for interns?

On Fri, 24 Aug 2018 at 16:26, Adrien Plazas <kekun plazas laposte net> wrote:

From my experience, the later GUADEC is, the better.

Begining to mid-August is a good time as enough has been done to be demoed, students received enough of
their compensations to travel and it's just before the final "let's polish everything up" rush.

FYI, this year, the rush was exactly end of August (final deadline was
on the 22nd). Unfortunately, we can't predict the timeline that Google
will have next year.

The flipside to that is that it's good for retention rates for
students to meet the community in person earlier in their internships.
As a mentor, I'd always tried to arrange hackfests in the first month
of the internships, which seemed to go down well and help with
motivation.

Cheers,
Adrien Plazas