Best GUADEC dates for interns?

Hi people,

this year we had an unfortunate mis-alignment between GUADEC dates and
GSoC payments which made it difficult for everyone to come along. We'd
like to avoid issues next year *if possible*, so I'd like to hear your
opinions as students or recent students from different countries on
the two most likely options. Please note that there are other factors
at play but we will do our best to make sure everyone has the best
chance to attend.

I'm expecting that you will have insight at least into exam dates and
start/end of term times, and maybe even something we haven't
considered.

Our options are some time in the first half of July or second half of August.

Looking forward to your replies!

Kat