Re: GSoC '17 Introduction: Recurrent Events in GNOME Calendar

This is a great project. Such a simple but super important piece of functionality.

Looking forward to the end result.

On 12/05/2017 3:05 AM, "Yash Singh" <yashdev10p gmail com> wrote:
Hey folks!

I am Yash Singh, an undergraduate majoring in Computer Science at BITS Pilani, Goa, India. I am super excited to be a part of GSoC '17.

This coming summer I will be adding support to Recurrent Events in GNOME Calendar.
Support for recurrent events already exists in Evolution calendar but it is lacking in GNOME Calendar. For example, right now, for a weekly repeating event, users have to manually add that event every week which is very inconvenient and time consuming.

A major part of this project will involve giving users the freedom and flexibility of editing those newly added recurrent events. Adding support to modify/delete event with recurrency, with options:
  • All events
  • Subsequent Events
  • This one only
You can find more about my project here.

My mentor for this project is the world-renowned hacker Georges 'feaneron' Stavracas. He is also the maintainer of Calendar and To Do.

Congratulations to all those who got selected for GSoC '17!
It feels awesome to be a part of such a friendly and helpful GNOME community.
I hope to see you all at GUADEC '17.

Regards
Yash Singh