GSoC 2016 Introduction ( Atul Anand )

Hello Everyone ,

I'm Atul Anand , a second year undergraduate student at National
Institute of Technology , Patna , majoring in Computer Science &
Engineering .

IRC : atulhjp ( GIMPNet )

I'll be working on "Proxies in NetworkManager"[0] under the mentorship
of David Woodhouse[1] .
The thrust of the project is to implement system wide proxy setup in
GNOME . At current there is *no* ideal way to configure proxy settings
. The Work will involve fixes in NetworkManager and PacRunner .
NetworkManager will be collecting those settings either from the
various servers ( DHCP , DNS & VPN ) using WPAD or from the users (
*manually* using GUI ) and will write them to PacRunner to which
clients will be querying proxies over DBus .

It's an honour to be a part of the GNOME . Congratulating all the
participants for their rocking Summer !
Thanks to all the mentors and members for their support .

Regards ,
Atul Anand

[0] https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreach/SummerOfCode/2016/Projects/AtulAnand_ProxiesInNM
[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/DavidWoodhouse