Re: Introduction - Enhancement of PDF annotations in Evince

On 29-05-2013 19:48, Tobias Mueller wrote:
Hey Gökçen,

Hi,

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 07:12:12PM +0200, Gökçen Eraslan wrote:
My project is to enhance annotation support of Evince document viewer which
is currently very limited
Sounds cool! I am happy to see more people getting involved with Evince
:) Do you mind mentioning what Evince is currently missing and what you
intend to work on? Do you want to implement support for reading  more
annotations? Or rather creating them?

Actually both rendering and create/modify/deleting, if I can do them all. But currently we're thinking of limitations of adding/modifying/deleting annotations rather than rendering. Implementing deletion of text annotations would be a nice baby step. Then I can try to enhance annotation UI and implement adding other types of annotations such as highlighting.

Maybe I should update Annotation wiki page of Evince[1] for those do not known how complete annotation support of Evince is.

Cheers,
   Tobi

[1] https://live.gnome.org/Evince/Annotations

--