Re: Windows port of PyGObject Introspection/GSoC

Oops I forgot to CC

Hi,

Basically the main exception for Windows is those GTK2's remnant of
win32 suffixed function names which I think doesn't need to be
different at binding level from linux version. Other than that it has
been g-ir-scanner issue which generate corrupted gir. Also
g-ir-generate's gdump.c, but this need clarification where upstream
devs want to go for? MinGW or MSVC?

Personally I only know MinGW and current state of gdump.c only
"somewhat" works with mingw.org's w32api and mostly not with
mingw-w64's which mean no 64bit.

That said, me and Helge basically are in brute-force mode of making it
"work". No proper "fixes" has been done by us. But the infos may be
useful nonetheless.

Off topic, I think devhelp need to be ported to win32 (for people with
limited internet resource). The PyGobject Tutorial definitely not
enough. I have ugly patch here
http://osspack32.googlecode.com/files/devhelp_win32.patch (3.6.1) and
have build several other gtk3 apps here too
http://opensourcepack.blogspot.com/p/pygobject-pygi-aio.html. Somehow
those apps will refuse to work if build as single executable, it need
exe+dll combo. It's like missing needed exported functions? Anyone
knows?