Collaborative GTG, week #01

Hello,

I spent my first week on making GTG collaborative by exploring and playing with the existing tools and libraries for XMPP PubSub. I managed to setup ejabberd for development. With the help of SleekXMPP library I created a simple script which creates a node on the server and another one is notified about it.

My ultimate goal is really close integration with GNOME. Users already have XMPP accounts in Empathy. After a discussion on Empathy IRC, I am going to implement a plugin for telepathy-gabble. The plugin would provide the access to XMPP accounts from Empathy and telepathy framework.

This week I am working on the basic prototype in GTG codebase. I would like to synchronize tasks over XMPP using the existing infrastructure.

See you next week.

Izidor