Adding Positional Tags to Shotwell: Weekly Report 01

Hello!

Since this Thursday I was working on the interface of the new tool, and I already have a simple interface working, based on crop tool code, that allows the user to click on the photo to create a tag and move/resize it —it works the same way as Facebook's tagging system, plus moving/resizing the tag— with an entry text below it to write the tag text —but it does nothing yet with the database, because I need to talk first with my mentor about how I should implement it.

Next week I'll continue working on it and I think that I'll get the first step of the project complete, so the program would fully support adding positional tags to photos.

I'm also reading Learning OpenCV, a book about the OpenCV computer vision library, to learn a bit about it to prepare myself to the next step of the project.

By the way, you can view the proposal for this project here: http://trac.yorba.org/wiki/SummerOfCodePositionalTags .

Cheers!

NOTE: You can see a Spanish version of this mail in my personal blog, http://www.sanva.net/blog/94/ .