Re: Do you think this is a appropriate project?

Hi Amir,

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 06:45:43PM -0700, Amir Hedayaty wrote:
> Hi, I am a Computer Student at SFU have been using Linux for about 9 years,
> A few years ago I used gthumb as photo browser so all my photos are ordered
> in folders with gthumb system and a label I have given.
> With shot-well the folder format has been changed and every time I import
> photos from my camera, I have to fix the formatting( I use a script) and
> import them again in shotwell.
>
> So I want to add some UI to shotwell import to ask for formatting of the
> created folders for photos, different people have different test!
> I do not know if this is too small for a project. If so I will choose some
> other soc project!

I've never looked at shotwell, but this sounds like something that can be
done in a few weeks without having ever look at shotwell codebase. So I'd
recommend either trying to expand the scope of this project (ie make what
you describe a part of something related but bigger), or indeed look for
another project :)

Christophe