Do you think this is a appropriate project?

Hi, I am a Computer Student at SFU have been using Linux for about 9 years,
A few years ago I used gthumb as photo browser so all my photos are ordered in folders with gthumb system and a label I have given.
With shot-well the folder format has been changed and every time I import photos from my camera, I have to fix the formatting( I use a script) and import them again in shotwell.

So I want to add some UI to shotwell import to ask for formatting of the created folders for photos, different people have different test!
I do not know if this is too small for a project. If so I will choose some other soc project!

Amir