Making GTG more Backend Friendly - Weekly Report 3

Hi!!!

Here goes my weekly report for adding backends to Getting Things Gnome.

This Week:

I started with gaining a stronger foot on pygtk and python first. Then with the help of my mentor, Luca Invernizzi, I understood how the backends are structured, and started out to write code for the Google Calendar backend for 2 specific use cases
  1. Adding tasks in GTG reflecting in GCal and vice-versa
  2. Deleting tasks in GTG reflecting in GCal and vice-versa
And I've been successful in implementing both, excepting some minor issues. I have updated the code on launchpad [1].�

Next Week:

I will fix the issues with GCal, and also add Updating of tasks functionality. Currently I have statically authenticated to a test account, and will upgrade that to user authentication via OAuth or ClientLogin. I hope to complete these early in the week and get started with Google Tasks integration.

Links:

Code:�https://code.launchpad.net/~madhuvishy/gtg/added-google-calendar

--
Madhu :)