GTG: multiple backends - weekly report 2 (Luca Invernizzi)

tHello Gnomers,
 here's my latest weekly report for my GSoC project on GTG [0], my
portfolio[1] and my branch on launchpad[2].

Cut&paste from the blog:

"Aloha again, planet Gnome!

This has been a nice week for my Google Summer of Code project on
Getting Things GNOME, featuring:
- A great speedup (via the refactoring of how the file containing all
the tasks is handled): the time for adding 1000 tasks in GTG has been
reduced from 30 to 5 seconds!
- A new testing class, which helped me find-n-fix a few bugs (ehi!
testing works!)
The first request to merge of part of my code  (~3600 lines). I have
to thank my mentor Lionel Dricot, who has found the time to go through
it.
- A new twitter backend. It still misses the UI to configure the user
name and password, but the basic function­ality is there. Currently,
it adds to GTG any direct message matching a set of chosen tags (e.g.,
#todo).
I’m still working on twitter authentication. I’m currently doing it
via the userid/password combo, but the correct way to go should be
Oauth. Unfortunately, python-twitter does not support this. I’ve found
a few libraries around the web, but none seem to work so far. Any hint
 will be welcome.

Next week I’m planning to finish the twitter backend, expand ing the
framework as I go. A nice thing is that, thanks to the frame work, the
twitter backend (which is all a developer should write to add a new
backend) is less than 100 lines long."

[0] http://allievi.sssup.it/techblog/?p=352
[1] http://live.gnome.org/gtg/soc2010_invernizzi_portfolio
[2] lp:~gtg-user/gtg/multi-backends__invernizzi_gsoc gtg-invernizzi