Adding recording capability to the OnTV applet

The idea would possibly be to make use of cupid(1) (which in turns uses
gstreamer) to add an easy way for users to record TV shows from OnTV
itself. It would need to require the least possible amount of
configuration to record something. Overall, it would permit users to:

  * Select which input source to use to record the show (if more than
    one are available)
  * Tell OnTV to record when it tells the users that "NNN is coming in
    30 minutes"
  * Have quick access to recorded shows, so they can be launched with
    their preferred application (hopefully via the ones configured
    system-wide) or explicitly choose an application (Open with...)

What it wouldn't do is become a complete multimedia recording studio
(such as MythTV, or any similar DVR applications). Basically, OnTV can
already tell you what shows are playing right now, or coming up soon.
Users may want to be able to record them, and be able to watch them with
their favorite application. However, I think one of the important things
would be to implement this in a way that blends into the already very
simple applet.

I have already applied to SoC for this project. I know we're running
near to the deadline, I apologize for this. I will be waiting for your
ideas or comments on this.

Thanks,
--
Louis Hanfield