Re: soc idea: gconf-gtk tools

Hi,

That's quite interesting.
Just one comment:

Le jeudi 19 mars 2009, à 01:16 +0000, Sam Thursfield a écrit :
> When I'm done, this workflow should hopefully change to:
> * Define the keys he wants to use, in format nicer than XML
> * Define the dialogs he wants to use, in a simple heirarchical way.

It seems like you want to define the dialog in an abstract way. I would
think that in many many cases, this won't work because an app always
need a specific thing that you will have a hard time defining in this
abstract way.

It'd probably better to integrate this part of your proposal in glade
itself.

> * Write gconf notify hooks to update the application's state.
> * Add a macro to his autoconf file, or wscript or whatever he likes to
> use, and link to the correct library.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.