Re: soc idea: gconf-gtk tools

Hi!

> So regards dconf, I think I'll wait along with the rest of GNOME, but
> will try to make sure a possible move from gconf to dconf nice and
> easy. Do you know if there's a plan for compatibility? I presume a
> libgconf-compatibility would be in GNOME 3.0 to wrap the new dgconf
> API for 'legacy' apps.

I don't think a compatibility layer is planned once we decide to move to
dconf (which has not yet been decided, probably something that needs an
advice from the release-team). GNOME 3.0 will be API-incompatible to all
prior GNOME releases so it doesn't make much sense to ship
compatibility. GConf will of course be installable side-by-side with
dconf.

Anyway, I also share Vincents concern with the dialog. It should better
be integrated directly within glade.

Regards,
Johannes