[week 5] - mail as a desktop service

Sorry for the late post everyone.  I'm prepping to fly to Gran Canaria
tomorrow for GUADEC.  (Early, I know).

this last week was filled with other work and planning for my own
project.

I have a finalized idea of how the service back end will track lists.

It is unlikely that I will be using Twisted for my server connectivity.
Instead, I am currently using GNIO through pybank / girepository.

The IMAP backend opens one connection per subscribed folder, spending
most of the time idling waiting for notifications.  Any messages sent by
the IMAP server trigger a response, from updating the current list of
uids to updating sublists that correspond to searches on that folder.

The next week will be busy, both with coding and travelling.  I hope to
meet lots of new people at GUADEC!

--
Ian Marcinkowski
ian desrt ca