Re: [Weekly report] Week 4: add multisession capabilities to Brasero Nautilus extension

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 20:09 +0400, Alexey Putilov wrote:

> 2009/6/23 Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
>
>         If they manage to do it in a way that doesn't suck, then good
>         for them.
>         I still have to see the ideas behind how they'd want to
>         implement it,
>         because it's really something that needs to be designed before
>         diving
>         into the nautilus code to see what's possible in Nautilus.
>
>         I'd expect a large amount of changes needed into nautilus, and
>         I don't
>         think that this would easily get past the nautilus maintainers
>         if the
>         design or code quality isn't up to scratch.
>
> I think that modify gvfs-burn isn't affect Nautilus. I implement
> something like: burn: / / [device name] in gvfs-burn. And I think all
> my work on the project should not affect Nautilus.

Then I'm afraid to say it wouldn't be any good...

There should be a way to tell whether a file is a new file, or not for
example.

Did you read up on the previous discussions on that matter (be it the
nautilus mailing-list, or the nautilus-cd-burner bug tracker)?